Sunday, December 29, 2013

52 Week Money Challenge

I came across this on a friend's Facebook page and then visited the blog it came from, http://thehousemadehome.blogspot.ie/

Reading through this I thought it was a fantastic idea, especially as I'm brutal at saving money.

How does it work? Well for 52 weeks you save the same amount of money for which week you are on. For instance week one you save €1, week two you save €2, and so on.  By the end of your 52 weeks you will have saved €1,378.00.  Just take from your paycheck each week when you get paid.

All you need to start is a jar and €1....Are you game for the 52 Week Money Challenge?  What will you use your money for? I'd love a good holiday next year!


2 comments:

Pattie G said...

Niamh, this is s great idea. We used to have Vacation Clubs at our banks here in the US but I think they stopped them years ago. I am saving for my vacation for 2014 and I am doing something similar. Thanks for the info.

Hugs
Pattie

Maria :) said...

Hun, that is a brilliant Idea. I will have to think about it to do that as well :)