Friday, March 21, 2014

Altered Clothes Hanger

Humming birds are such beautiful creatures. They symbolise the environment of life and lightness of being, joy and playfulness, as well as adaptability.

I remember as a child while on vacation in Orlando, seeing a Humming bird flutter over a flower in the Magic Kingdom. It's a memory that I've always loved and even more so since my father's passing. It brings so much peace to me. So when I saw that Pattie had a Humming bird in her Etsy store, I had to use it.

I then decided to alter a wooden hanger. I painted it white, then dabbed pale gold paint on it and left the hanger to dry. I coloured Pattie's image in using metalic, water colour and plain colouring pencils, affixed the image to the hanger and then tied fuscia ribbon around it before using those sweet little flowers that you see. 

To join in this week's theme of "Anything Goes" click HERE and you'll find full rules on how to join the fun.

    




8 comments:

Anne Temple said...

Fabulous creation and what a great idea! You've given me ideas of how to repurpose my husband's old wooden hangers.

Pattie G said...

Niamh,

What a clever idea! I love how you colored my image "Sweet Nectar". The ribbons look great too...

Hugs
Pattie ♥

Sandra DeFalco said...

Niamh - great job of altering this clothes hanger. I would never have thought of doing something like this, well done!
Sandi ♥
DT Coordinator for Pattie's Creations Challenge!

Unknown said...

Thanks ladies <3

Decosse's Dynamite Doodles said...

What a really great idea. I would never have thought to alter a hanger. I'll have to keep this one stacked away in my memory. Pretty image choice for it too. It is nice that you are able to tie such sweet memories to it and your dad.

Lisa D.

Zella said...

WOW - what a clever idea!!!!!! I would have never dreamed of something like this but it's amazing!!!!! Lovely job!!!

nwilliams6 said...

This is a clever idea! Fun way to use the image and I like the ribbon! hugz!

Maru said...

How much imagination and few things can be done with simple Hanger factory. congratulations