Friday, August 22, 2014

DT time

It's DT time over on Pattie's Creations Design Challenge. Challenge No. 98 is to alter/recycle an item using a digi stamp. I'm so luck to be part of this design team because Pattie has some amazing digis to choose from. Check out her Etsy shop HERE.

For this challenge I decided to use a picture frame that's been hanging around the house, in need of some love. I chose her "Water Lilies" digi this time round.



I took the frame, painted it using a Dulux colour sample in "Skylight Blue" and then dabbed some Viva Decor Paste in silver. It gives the frame a nice shine and makes it look distress too. I then took some of my pearl gems and popped them around the frame. I used a mixture of colouring pencils and metallic colouring pencils the colour the image in. I'm pretty delighted with how it turned out.


Below are pictures of the process. Click HERE to visit Pattie's Creations Design Challenge and to join in the fun. If you take part, be sure to leave a comment below so I can check out your project too.

 

  

3 comments:

Anne Temple said...

This will look great hanging on a wall. Love the added pearls in the corners too.

Sandra DeFalco said...

Niamh - You took an ordinary picture frame and made it extraordinary! The Water Lilies look great in a frame. Well done!
Sandi ♥
DT Coordinator for Pattie's Creations Challenge!

Pattie G said...

Niamh,

What a great idea to re use a picture frame and turn it in to something beautiful! I love how you colored my "Water lilies" image.

Hugs
Pattie ♥