Tuesday, January 7, 2014

2014 & 17.2K

On Sunday 29th December I decided to take the plunge and go out running. I hadn't ran for weeks due to an injury sustained from passing out while in hospital, stupid me and so I was nervous about going back to training. I went out and it was a great success.

I've been running every second day since, covering roughly 3K each time and gradually stepping it up. With the January weather here it's so tempting to just stay put, lie in bed in the mornings and veg on the sofas during the afternoon. I've battled with the internal voice that spends half an hour talking me out of running and another half hour talking me into running...but I always win. I pull it together and get my butt out there. As the Nike logo states "Just do it" and so I have.

I've been keeping a running diary, you'll see a tab above to this page where I journal each training session. Today I've calculated just how far I've run and I'm amazed. In less than 1 1/2 weeks I have ran 17.2K or just over 10 miles. It's going to be a good year.

No comments: