Sunday, January 5, 2014

Attitude for 2014

My attitude this year is to "Just do it". Nike use it as their logo and it's so true, just do it. Are there things you've wanted to achieve but haven't to date? Do you want to try something new but don't know how to or lack the confidence? How will your dreams ever become your reality unless you "Just do it" and say "F**k It" to life? I've wanted things to happen in the past but I've lacked the confidence. There are things I've seen others achieve that I couldn't achieve myself but why? I didn't have the confidence to, the thoughts of failure far outweighed the thoughts of success but 2014 is the year that I'm going to "Just do it".

2013 sucked big time for me. I suffered terribly with my health to the extent I ended up in hospital a number of times. I let opportunities pass me by because I didn't think I could do it. As if things couldn't get any worse, I saw my beautiful, inspiring, go getter of a father lose his battle with cancer and I just went into hiding. I found myself giving up on life and I really felt that I would never get out of that dark place. Then a thought came to me. Was life always so straight forward for my dad? What happened when he was faced with challenges? Simple, well not simple, but the thinking behind it was "Just do it". Get up off your butt, look at what lies ahead, find a new way around it and truly believe that when you put your mind to it, everything is possible.

I read a wonderful book called "F**K It" it's a Western take on Eastern Spirituality and teachings. Synopsis taken from Amazon.

"Saying F**k It is like massage for the mind - relaxing you, releasing tension, giving up on things that aren't working. Just starting to say F**k It can transform your life. Saying F**k It feels good - to stop struggling and finally do what you fancy; to ignore what everyone's telling you and go your own way. John C. Parkin argues that saying F**k It is a spiritual act: That it is the perfect western expression of the eastern ideas of letting go, giving up and finding real freedom by realising that things don't matter so much (if at all).This is the Fuck It way."

So to you the reader I suggest you stop what you are doing, ask yourself what you want to achieve and then "Just do it". So what if you fall flat on your face, you're still moving forward aren't you? You've grabbed the opportunity to try something new rather than always wondering, Now you've had your first rehearsal and so it's time to try another way. Are you ready?


1 comment:

stitchersanon said...

Part of just doing it means there is no need to plan...just do what you want when you want to do it and enjoy life! I certainly do and as my life goes forwards I can see how lessons and experiences of the past are helping me with my today! A great attitude Niamh...go for it xx